Friday 17 December 2010

My Tasty Sausage Rolls!

We all love sausage rolls this time of the year, along with everything else and like most things, I make my own. There are so easy and tasty. When we lived in the UK, I use to make them every Christmas for our office....they were never any seconds!

Here is my little recipe.

I have to buy British sausages as we can not get sausage meat here, so I get the best I can.
Once thawed I skin them, then place them in a mixing bowl. I then add a chopped onion, chopped garlic gloves, mustard, salt & pepper (amount is to your taste!) Mix everything together and leave whilst you roll out your pastry - I tend to roll out one long oblong sheet - then with floured hands, roll the sausage mixture into a long sausage, place in the centre of you pasty, roll pastry round, then cut onto small rolls. Bake as normal......very tasty indeed hot or cold!

5 comments:

Rosalind Adam said...

Sounds excellent. You are obviously far more house trained than me. Mr A has just made a large rich fruit cake for Christmas but I'm afraid my baking is of the 'unwrap and throw away the packaging' variety.

Don't they have any sort of sausages there? It's fascinating how very different life is out there for you compared to back here in the UK.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Are the Canary Islands very beautiful? They sound like one of the exotic places I like to visit.

Monti
MaryMontagueSikes

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Yum. I love the sound of those and I'm not at all surprised there weren't any seconds left over.

I'm going to try out this recipe, thanks.

Joanna St. James said...

yummy! french sausages are a bit wonky too. I miss home sometimes.

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Rosalind, Mr A sounds great, I just about get a cup of tea from Mr B! Life can be very different here, we are 4,000 kms from the UK and a little island, so almost everything comes on the ship, if the ship doesn't bring it, we don't have....and that is everything. Will get round to Bloggin about it all one day. Hugs to you both x

Hello Monti, Lanzarote is as yet quite unnspoilt. It is a volanic island, so very baren and black!We love it! Thanks for dropping by. Hugs x

Debs, they are scrummy, I hope you enjoy yours too! Hugs x

Joanna, our local sausages are very different to British and normally we only every eat them if we have a sausage, but not quite right for sausage rolls. Hugs x