Saturday 30 April 2011

A Right Royal Breakfast!

Tables laid with crisp clean white tablecloths, little Union jack flags flapping in the warm breeze, the champagne chilling and the big screen tuned to the wedding of the 21st century,Wendy's Bar at La Cumbra in Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote was all set for a right royal breakfast. Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and chilled champagne was enjoyed by many as they sat in the shade watching Prince William and Kate take their vows.

The royal wedding was truly a magnificent day for everyone whether you were in the UK or like ourselves 4,000 kilometres away. Distance made no difference as we sat, spell bound, watching the making of history on the TV. I am sure writers, particularly romance writers, will be taking a few ideas away to add to their own work, because there is nothing quite like the pomp and ceremony of British Royal wedding.

8 comments:

Rosalind Adam said...

Wasn't it a lovely spectacle and how lovely to think of people all over the world watching at the same time. I guess they've got a tough life ahead of them - who'd be Queen out of choice? - but their wedding was magical and I hope their union lasts a lifetime.

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Ros, I was just thinking of you so how lovely to see you here now! Yes, the wedding was beautiful and I do hope they will be able to have a measure of normality in their lives. A daunting future for both of them if they are not allowed some privacy together. Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

I watched it and enjoyed it immensely. And I'm about as far away from the UK as you can get.

Pauline Barclay said...

Hi Liz, it was wonderful.I think much of the world saw it. Glad you enjoyed too. Have a lovely weekend! x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I love the sound of your celebrations and was thrilled to hear from my son that he and his girlfriend had spent the day watching the wedding whilst eating peaches and cream and drinking Pimms on campus.

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Debs, seems that the world was tuned in, but whar a wonderful wedding. Happy to hear your son and his GF had a great time with the celebrations, it sounded delicious! Have a fabby long weekend! xx

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

I watched it from home ... and I must admit, I shed a few tears. I don't half get emotional over things like that! But wasn't Kate beautiful? Tears rolled down my face just watching her get out of the car! It was a perfect wedding... You can tell that they are truly in love and it's just wonderful!

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Suzy, wasn't it a lovely day? I loved it too. xx