Thursday 7 July 2011

Sometimes It Just Happens!


What a week it has been so far. I've burst into tears. Somethings made me scream whilst others have brought a smile to my lips.
On the scream side, since last Saturday, if we add up all the times we have had Internet connection, it would probably be at best 60 mins! It has caused us great pain and serious difficulties.

The problems with our sewer pipe has turned into our worst nightmare! The trench we have dug (you will remember my Blog from a couple of weeks ago), well by the end of today, it will have new pipe laid in there. But we have just been told that the pipe is very badly damaged further into the house, again through massive tree roots, and we have to dig up our new floor in our downstairs dinning room, kitchen and through to the downstairs bathroom….I just burst into floods of tears.

Plucking another tissue from the box and wiping at my tears, I know there has been some smiles. I have had more lovely 5 star reviews for Sometimes It Happens… and also the Kindle sales of my other two books have been increasing. So ending this Blog on a positive note... sniff!

PS our internet is still very iffy!



9 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Oh no! You are entitled to cry about that. I'm pleased you've got some 5*reviews to cheer you up.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear such awful news. What a nightmare. Hope you can concentrate on the lovely 5* reviews.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

OMG it sounds like a nightmare for you. I'm not surprised you've been in tears, I'd no doubt react in the same way. I do hope all gets sorted as soon as possible.x

Well done with your excellent reviews.

Rosalind Adam said...

I'm so sorry you're having such an awful time with your plumbing (the house, not you personally, of course.) I do hope you get it all sorted very soon.

And now the Internet is letting you down. How can we keep in touch if you've lost the connection? What did we ever do before the Internet? Great to hear about your book sales though. :-)

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Chris, Shirley,Debs & Ros, it is a nightmare as we have recently had a new floor there and new floor tiles. We've had he walls replastered, the beautiful wooden ceiling we have re varnished, installed new patio doors, new window and new ordinary external door...sob!)and the floor must be dug up.The dust and muck.....cry! The house, we knew when we bought it, needed bringing up todate...a lot! But phew nothing prepared us for some of the things we've had to do. Sadly the Spanish do not build houses like we do in England ....by a long way! Laugh, we will get there in the end...I think! Smiling! Hugs to you xx

Helen Hollick said...

I suppose, the only way to look at it is once its done you know that's one thing you will not have t bother with again.
What an ordeal though! :-/

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Helen, I hear what you say and you are right. Diging up the the floors inside the house will only have to be done once. Hopefully we can be sorted by the end of the year without having to move into temporaty accomadation...fingers crossed! xx

Janice said...

Oh you poor thing - no wonder you were in tears, I would be too. The internet thing is a pest but the floor - well, that's just awful. Not just the work but no doubt the expense. I hope it's all resolved quickly and you are back to giggles soon. Congrats on the super reviews and books sales tho'! Sending hugs ((())))

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Janice, thanks for stopping by and the hugs. Reviews are great, but sales could be a lot better....sigh! Hope Bagpipes & Bullshot is doing great for you in the sales. Hugs back x