As part of my Christmas Bake Off, today author, Joanna Lambert shares her delicious white chocolate and raspberry tart. This is to die for…..
White Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
Hands-on time 35 minutes, plus chilling. Cooking time 30 minutes
150g(5oz) Plain Flour
Pinch of salt
65g (2.5 oz) cold, unsalted butter, diced
100g (3.5 oz) ground hazelnuts
25g (1 oz) sugar
1 large egg, beaten
250g tub Mascarpone
200g (7 oz) good quality white chocolate, such as Green & Black’s
150ml carton double cream
400g fresh raspberries
Golden icing sugar to dust
1. Sift flour and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Add butter and whiz until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add hazelnuts, sugar and just enough egg to bring the mixture together – use the pulse button to help you. Shape the pastry into a disc, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Roll out pastry; press into base and sides of a 20.5cm (8 in) fluted tart tin. Prick base all over. Line with baking parchment and top with baking beans. Chill until firm. Pre-heat oven to 190°C (170°C fan) mark 5.
3. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes. Removed beans and parchment; bake for a further 5 – 10 minutes until pastry is dry and slightly sandy to touch. Cool tin on wire rack.
4. Melt the mascarpone and chocolate together in a heatproof bowl set over gently simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Don’t stir, otherwise the mixture will thicken into a sticky mess.
5. Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool completely. Lightly whip the cream, then fold into the chocolate mixture. Spoon into the pastry case; chill.
6. Top with raspberries; dust with icing sugar before serving.
Per serving: 408 calories, 33g fat (11g saturate), 30g carbohydrates (14g total sugars)
Here are Joanna Lambert's links
Writer of Modern Romantic Sagas
As always thank you for stopping by and here is my Christmas video Merry Christmas