Sunday 23 March 2014

Coincidence or a Small World?

This week at Book Promo I was chatting to a lovely lady who told me she was from Dundee, I added that I had an author friend from Dundee, well Montrose to be precise. I then went on to talk about Dundee Crime Writer, Chris Longmuir. 'Aha!' She cried, 'I've met her and read Dead Wood.' It turned out that Chris had been in hospital last year and had spoken to this lady. She remembered Chris giving her a card with her book details on. 'Now I've met you I'll look up Chris's new book,' she said. And of course I added, 'And don’t forget when you need a break from murder and mayhem, take a peek at my books too.' Nodding her head and with a sunny smile this holiday maker looked up at me and said, 'Having read your leaflet, they sound just what I love to read when not stalking murders!'


Talking of Book Promo, I've had a t/shirt printed to wear when I'm chatting about my books to super peeps. May need to make a few changes, but I'll see how it goes next week.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope the sun is shining with you. Catch up again soon.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a small world Pauline. What a lovely story. Just goes to show that coincidences do happen. x

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

That's amazing!! It really is a small world! xx

Rosemary Gemmell said...

It is indeed a small world, Pauline. I've just come back from our annual Scottish writing conference where I met up with Chris again!

Chris Longmuir said...

That's amazing. It really is a small world. Thanks for taking the trouble to mention me, Pauline.

Anne Mackle said...

Amazing! I love it when you find a connection with a stranger.

Pauline Barclay said...

Madalyn, thanks for this and yes I too thought it was a lovely story and so amazing. x

Pauline Barclay said...

Suzy, it really is at times. xx

Pauline Barclay said...

Rosemary, fantastic! I hope you all had a great time. x

Pauline Barclay said...

Chris, you are welcome I was so surprised and just wanted to tell them all about your books.

Pauline Barclay said...

Anne, it is lovely when that happens. x

Eileen Schuh: said...

Great story! and great T-shirt. My children gave me the transfer materials and T-Shirt needed to do what you did several Xmases ago and I haven't got around to it yet. I must do that! I think the FIREWALLS cover would look amazing.

Gilli Allan said...

Fabulous Pauline. Proves it's always worth taking the time to chat. What is the expression? 6 degrees of separation? It does seem as if the world is growing smaller.
gx