Wednesday 13 December 2017

Let's Get Christmassy with Jules Wake



We’re getting festive here with some special peeps and today we get Christmassy with Jules Wake




Hello Jules 


Please tell us a little about you and if you are a reader, Blogger or author.



I’m an author and I’ve had six books published with a further four coming out next year. I’ve written two Christmas books, both of which include elements of family Christmas traditions. Every family has its own little traditions and rituals but none are more prevalent than those at Christmas, so in my Christmas books I do try to focus on those, sometimes stealing from my own family memories.


What is your favourite Christmas memory?

My daughter coming down to discover that Rudolph had polished off most of his carrot and that Santa had demolished his mince pie.  Her sheer delight that Santa had been has always stuck with me.  It was one of our first family traditions leaving a carrot and mince pie in the fire place of our dining room.


What is your favourite Christmas food?

Oooh I’m a sucker for Christmas Cake and no one else in my family is that keen, so I usually end up with one to myself, but I’m very fussy about the icing. It has to be royal icing, which is what my much-loved grandmother always put on her cakes. She was a great baker and her cake was always had little silver balls on it and little robins, snowmen and plastic fir trees.

Every year I plan to make a cake and then always run out of time. A friend of mine is running a Christmas cake decorating course and I am seriously thinking about going on it.



What is your favourite Christmas song?

Oh, it has to be Wizard’s I wish it could be Christmas, as soon as I hear that, I remember Top of the Pops and Christmas of my teens when the highlight was the Christmas disco.  But I am also rather partial to The Holly and the Ivy. In our local town there’s always a town carol service in one of the car parks on Christmas Eve and they always play that carol, which always makes me cry for some reason.


What is your favourite Christmas photo? Please tell us why

My granny who lived in Yorkshire, came to spend Christmas with us a couple of times before she died and I have a lovely picture of her sitting in our lounge surrounded by people who loved her. She was one of those people who everyone liked. She always thought the best of everyone, was always enthused by everything and always had a kind word to say, even about people who didn’t deserve it.


You can find Jules at all of these…

@juleswake – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/juleswake.co.uk/


Please come back tomorrow to find out what makes Emma Poulloura Christmas Christmassy

No comments: