Tuesday 12 December 2017

Let's Get Christmassy with... Lynne Milford



We’re getting festive here with some special peeps and today we get Christmassy with Lynne Milford





Hello Lynne


Please tell us a little about you and if you are a reader, Blogger or author.



I’m an author and a blogger, although the first is a very new addition. My debut crime novel A Deadly Rejection was self-published in October and it was a really special moment for me. I’ve been working on the book for so long that it was great to see it out there.
I also blog on writing at Tales from the Writing Desk.


What is your favourite Christmas memory?

I’ve lived away from home for a long time and I would often be driving home on or around Christmas Eve. The song ‘Driving Home for Christmas’ was always very apt. So I’d be hurtling up the A1 desperately trying to get home as quickly as I could. In my home town the Rotary club collects money for charity with a Santa float, driving it round the streets past all the houses. One year I was pulling into the estate where my parents live when I spotted the Santa sleigh coming along the road. I just managed to get parked up outside the house before he came round the corner. My mam and dad got such a shock when I rushed in shouting ‘Santa’s here’. I think they thought I’d gone mad. He’s a big memory from when I was a child, so making it just in time to see him was great. Plus it was snowing!



What is your favourite Christmas food?

Mince pies, without a doubt, are the best bit of Christmas eating. I have a rule that I’m not allowed any until after 1st December though, because then it starts to feel like Christmas. I also love a turkey dinner so I try to have as many of them as possible. This year I think I’m on for five, including Christmas Day, which is probably a record!



What is your favourite Christmas song?

Last Christmas by Wham. As soon as I’ve heard that, then I know Christmas is on its way. I love the video as well. In terms of Christmas carols, I love Silent Night. It really demonstrates the real meaning of Christmas and provides an oasis of calm within the crazy Christmas preparations.



What is your favourite Christmas photo? Please tell us why



It’s not a picture of people in reindeer jumpers sadly. It’s a sculpture of the Wearmouth Bridge in Sunderland. I took this while I was out for a walk with my dad in Hetton Park, in my home town of Hetton-le-Hole near Durham. It’s clearly a bitterly cold day, but the light is just right for the picture. I’m not much of a photographer, but I’m very proud of how good it looks.


You can find Lynne at all these places…


@lmmilford






Please come back tomorrow to find out what makes Jules Wake
 Christmas Christmassy

No comments: