Sunday 17 December 2017

Let's Get Christmassy with ... Rhoda Baxter



We’re getting festive here with some special peeps and today we get Christmassy with Rhoda Baxter



Hello Rhoda




Please tell us a little about you and if you are a reader, Blogger or author.



I’m Rhoda. I’m an author. I write romantic comedy with a hint of cynicism. I firmly believes that clever is the new sexy, so I like to write about nice guy heroes and women who love them. I especially like it when they make me laugh.


What is your favourite Christmas memory?

Most of my childhood Christmasses were in Sri Lanka. My family are Buddhist, but we didn’t like a good holiday to go to waste, so we did Christmas… a bit. one of my Dad’s friends worked up in the hill country, where there are pine trees, so every year, he’d drive down with a couple of real trees in the back of his enormous car and we’d get one of them. The smell of pine trees still reminds me of hot Colombo evenings, when we dusted off the baubles and decorated the tree whilst trying not to trip over the dog, who wanted to sniff the tree every three minutes.


What is your favourite Christmas food?

Oooh, tricky question. There are so many things. Hmm. Stollen. It’s probably Stollen. Every year I buy some and bring it home. Every year the following conversation happens.
Me: I’ve got Stollen.
Husband: Did you pay for it?
Me: It’s Stollen. Not stolen.
The kids: Sigh (Every year. They have this conversation every year. Geez).


What is your favourite Christmas song?

I Want An Alien For Christmas by Fountains of Wayne. Because it was in the charts the year my husband and I met. Failing that, I love Let It Snow.


What is your favourite Christmas photo? Please tell us why



I love Lego, but my kids don’t, so all the Lego in the house is mine. My favourites are the Lego Stormtroopers. Last year, I had a Lego Friends advent calendar and my daughter decided to build the tiny sets each day. We spent a fun afternoon setting up little Christmas scenes for my Lego Stormtroopers. This photo always makes me smile because it such a lovely afternoon and because the Stormtroopers look like they’re having a ton of fun too!


You can find Rhoda on all of these….

Twitter: @rhodabaxter

My latest book is Snowed In - it’s a Christmas novella



Please come back tomorrow to find out what makes Catherine Kullmann Christmas Christmassy

No comments: