Saturday 2 December 2017

Let’s Get Christmassy…with Daisy James



We’re getting festive here with some special peeps and today we get Christmassy with 

Daisy James

Hello Daisy

Please tell us a little about you and if you are a reader, Blogger or author.

Hi Pauline,
Thank you so much for inviting me to be part of your blog #ItsChristmas blog blitz! It’s wonderful to be a part of it. So, I’m an author of six novels in the contemporary romance genre, the most recent being Christmas at The Dancing Duck, a fun festive read set in the village of Cranbury.




What is your favourite Christmas memory?

Like many of people, Christmas is my favourite time of the year. I have lots of wonderful memories, from my own childhood and from my son’s childhood. If I had to choose one, then it would have to be our Christmas trip to Disney World in Florida ten years ago. The decorations were amazing, the lights were stunning, not to mention the food. But the best bit was seeing all the characters dressed in their festive costumes, and the look on my son’s face when he realised he could actually have his photograph taken with them! I treasure these photos and don’t mind admitting that I get the album out regularly.



What is your favourite Christmas food?



I’m a huge fan of cake in all its guises and Christmas cake is no exception. One of my favourite recipes is a rich gingerbread made with treacle, and finished off with tangy lemon icing. What do you think?



What is your favourite Christmas song?

I love ‘I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day’ by Wizzard. It’s so jolly and upbeat and I love singing along to the lyrics. I also love ‘Driving Home For Christmas’ by Chris Rea because it reminds me of doing just that, and the tingle of excitement when you’ve almost arrived back in your home town.



What is your favourite Christmas photo? Please tell us why



It absolutely has to be the one of us all with our Mickey/Minnie Christmas hats on standing next to the mouse himself in Magic Kingdom with Cinderella’s Castle lit up in the background. Also, I do try to make our Christmas tree look as spectacular as possible every year, but often it has lots of mismatched decorations that have been hand-made over the years. This is a photo I took before those tiny works of art were added, but I do admit that the final version was better!


I love connecting on social media:



And I’m on Instagram too.

  
A huge thank you to Pauline for inviting me to share my Christmas memories on her blog, and a merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone.

Warmest wishes,

Daisy
 


Please come back tomorrow to find out what makes Carol Warham Christmas Christmassy


No comments: