Sunday 22 April 2018

Legging It!




I can already see you rolling your eyes as you read the title of this post and I know it is not about writing or reading, but it is about another passion of mine… running and walking.

The last few months have been a rough tough time which saw me finding running about as impossible as flying, but I know running makes a difference and helps me cope and keeps me sane. I’m not a fast runner nor am I a long distance runner 10km is my limit, though I dream that one day I will run the London Marathon. Who knows, I might surprise myself!

Every morning before breakfast we, with our gorgeous doggy, walk 7km and then during the late afternoon I go out for a run two or three times week. Doing this every day had me thinking about all the steps I take in a day (yes I have a stepper and average between 18,000 and 22,000 steps a day!) and thought maybe it would be a good idea to create something fun and hopefully something to help others by making every step count.

With this in mind, I have created a “virtual” 30,000 mile target. It’s an eye-watering target, but it can be achieved if we join together. If you run or walk why not share your miles and let’s see how soon we can reach this target.
By the way age is not a reason to back out! One of our first participants will be 86 later this year and is keen to share their miles.
So come on let’s legit together!

Interested? I hope so.
Please click on
and find out all about this exciting, fun “virtual” Challenge.

Trainers on and I’ll see you there.



No comments: