Monday 23 July 2018

Addiction - Samantha Tonge



In this special feature about addiction I am truly delighted to have, Samantha Tonge sitting in the hot seat talking about her latest book, published today, 23rd July, Forgive Me Not. Please sit back and be prepared to be surprised.




Tell us a little about your book

Forgive Me Not: A gripping, heartbreaking novel that will take your breath away 

Emma returns to her home, Foxglove Farm, after leaving under a cloud of disgrace two years previously. But there is no red carpet welcome. Her family, friends, the community cannot forget what she did.

It is a story about finding and giving forgiveness, a story about loss, friendship and making amends. It is a warmhearted read, written from the heart, but doesn’t shy away from tackling the grittier aspects of life.





What or who inspired you to write about addiction

In 2016 I found myself sitting in an addiction clinic wondering how I’d got there. My drinking had stretched from weekends to every day of the week. But the problems had started years earlier - I was anorexic and bulimic at university and the mental issues behind the behaviours are very similar.

Getting better was a tough process for me and my family. A big part of recovery is acknowledging the things you have done wrong, the damage you have caused, and -where possible - making amends. And this caused me to think a lot about what forgiveness actually means and how you cope if you can’t give or receive it. I did a lot of research and read some painful stories. Before finding myself in addiction and then in treatment I’d never really thought of this aspect as being a fundamental part of any rehab process. Of course it makes complete sense to me now.


Tell us a little about you?

I live in Manchester UK with my amazing husband and children – and a very furry cat called Mitzie who acts more like a dog. I have a degree in French and German and have travelled widely including an amazing three weeks in Japan. One day I really must set a story there. I’ve sold over 80 short stories to women’s magazines and in 2015 my summer bestseller Game of Scones won the Love Stories Awards Best Ebook category.


You have many books published, (RomCom) but this is the first on addiction, is there another book on its way on this subject and if so can we have a peek at what is about?



Forgive Me Not is my first women’s fiction novel (as opposed to romantic comedy) and my next book in that genre will be out February 2019. I can’t say too much about it at the moment but once again it deals with the challenges we face as human beings that we perhaps keep hidden and try to cope with alone. It stars a lovely main character I have fallen completely in love with and I’m hoping her journey will be very relatable to readers. Sorry that I can’t say more at this stage!




 You can find Samantha on all of these Social Media platforms...





I am sure you agree the authors who have been part of this special Addiction themed Blog have introduced us to some page turning reads. 

Thank you fro the bottom of my heart for visiting and meeting my special guests.
 Until next time, I hope the sun is shining on your face and in your heart.

Pauline

Brought to you by
 In the Cold Light of Day


And

Chill Awards for Independent Authors


No comments: