Thursday 9 December 2010

Versatile Blogger Awards!

You can imagine my surprise yesterday when I was bestowed with the Versatile Blogger award from the lovely Suzy Turner. It is the first award I have had for Blogging and I am thrilled!


And according to the rules, I now must tell you seven things about me, so here goes!


1.I live on Lanzarote with my best friend -my hubby - and our two rescue dogs (we have no children). Before we came here, we lived in Holland for several years. I originate from Yorkshire, but have lived in Suffolk and Surrey.


2. My qualifications when I left school were not something to be proud off, so in the mid eighties I studied with Open University until I gained a BA (Hons) degree

3. I have loved writing since I was very young and once wrote a song whilst at junior school. It was sung by the entire class on parents day and the teacher proudly announced who had written the song...Pauline....and then she called out the wrong surname and gave the credit to the other Pauline...I cried!


4. For many years I worked in Communications writing for the oil industry such things as press releases, articles for the national and international press, corporate magazines etc.


5. In the last year I have had two books published and I am busy working on my third, due out early 2011

6. I love the colours black and red


7. I loved Abba, every single song!


Now this is the really exciting bit, because I can now bestow the Versatile Blogger Award to seven fantastic Bloggers!

http://rosalindadam.blogspot.com/2010/12/was-this-last-train-out-of-london.html
http://homethoughtsweekly.blogspot.com/2010/12/home-and-away.html
http://www.helenhollick.blogspot.com/
http://shirleywells.blogspot.com/
http://highheelsandbookdeals.blogspot.com/2010/12/first-draft-howlers.html
http://debcarrs-daydreams.blogspot.com/
http://preselimags.blogspot.com/2010/12/gallery-white.html

6 comments:

Joanna St. James said...

one of these days I am going to challenge all bloggers to an ABBA showdown

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Joanna, I'm up for it...just yell! Great to see you here. x

Rosalind Adam said...

Thank you so much for the Versatile Blogger Award. My blog will wear it with pride and I'll carry on the baton of 'telling 7 things'.

So sorry you weren't given the credit for that song. I would have cried too. I'm with you re the ABBA obsession. Have you seen Mamma Mia? We've seen the stage play in London as well as the film. The film's brilliant. The stage play's even better.

Well I can dance with you honey....

Helen Hollick said...

Thank You!
I used to like ABBA - one of the show jumping venues where my daughter competed had piped music, we had 3 horses with us so were there nearly all day. The first couple of hours with only ABBA on the loop was fine - after the third and by the fifth..... :-{

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Congratulations on getting this award and thank you for including me in those that you've passed it on to.

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Rosalind....I can dance with you honey....! And yes I've seen the film and loved it. Not seen the stage production, a tad too far for a night at the theatre! And as for your award....The winner takes it all....enjoy! xx

Hi Helen, I have never tired of Abba, but can understand when it is played hour after hour every day! Keep smiling...Super Trouper! x

Hello Debs, As always thanks for calling by, passing the Award onto you was because I love your Blogs, so keep On and on and on! ....have a fabby day! x