Monday 3 March 2014

Legging It!


For once I'm not going to talk about writing matters or anything to do with publication! Instead, I'm sharing my little achievement from last weekend.

Saturday 1st March was the Music Marathon in Puerto Del Carmen and this year I decided to sign up for the 10.5kms (1/4 of a marathon). Having never competed in an official race before, I was nervous!

On the day the weather changed from being cloudy and at times a tad cool to a cloudless sky and a burning sun! The event kicked off at 4pm and the temperature was around 26c…. phew! The course was along The Avenida to Hotel Las Costas and back to Calle Guanapay. For the 10.5km, two laps were needed. Throughout the route people were cheering all the runners along with bands playing live music; a wonderful festive atmosphere.

I finished the third in my age group and a time of 1:10:37. Not the fastest runner out there, but my aim was to finish and I did! Whopeee!

And would I do it again? Yes!

This week it is carnival week here and Puerto Del Carmen's carnival parade takes to The Avenida 5pm Saturday 8th. This year we are spoilt for choice as to what to wear. Will it be, vampire and witch, Cleopatra and Antonio, the dead or Chinese!  All have fabulous outfits so it will depend on the weather which costume will be best! And of course I will report back on what we decide.


That's all my news for today, as always a big thanks for stopping by, have a fabby day and come back soon, please!

1 comment:

Anne Mackle said...

Well done Pauline.I can't believe how warm it is there,you're so lucky. Have a well earned rest.