Wednesday 6 December 2017

Let's Get Christmassy with Terri Nixon...



We’re getting festive here with some special peeps and today we get Christmassy with 

Terri Nixon


Hello Terri

Please tell us a little about you and if you are a reader, Blogger or author.



Hello, and thank you for having me on your wonderful Christmassy blog! I’m a keen reader, and also an author of the hybrid variety, publishing Historical sagas with Little Brown and HarperCollins, and self-publishing Mythic Fantasy. I have a new book out on December 7th - the second book in The Penhaligon Saga: Penhaligon’s Pride.



What is your favourite Christmas memory?

So, so many! I suppose, growing up in a little village near Bodmin Moor it would be the walk home, in the snow, from midnight mass on Christmas Eve; we weren’t super-religious, but my brother was an altar-boy, and I was in the choir, and it was a real village community event. Didn’t hurt that we were allowed a mince pie and a glass of hot Stones ginger wine when we got home!



What is your favourite Christmas food?

I’m something of a fiend for the savoury snacks, so it’s the tubs of Cheese Footballs, the Christmas tree-shaped pretzels, and the miniature sausage rolls. Also the humble Terry’s Chocolate Orange (“it’s not Terry’s, it’s…” oh, wait.)



What is your favourite Christmas song?

Hands down, no contest, it’s Jethro Tull’s Ring Out Solstice Bells. Just the opening few bars give me shivers, and make me feel that warm, happy festive vibe. I’m smiling just typing this!


  
What is your favourite Christmas photo? Please tell us why



This picture sums up Christmas for me; it’s from when my youngest son flaked out in my bed after all the excitement of the day – he’s eighteen this Christmas!


You can find Terri at all these places too... 


Website: www.terrinixon.com


Please come back tomorrow to find out what makes Paula Harmon Christmas Christmassy


No comments: