Thursday 14 August 2014

It's Gone!

What a week it has been! I have never suffered from a bad back in the way that you are crippled with pain and unable to walk, well, that was until last week. Without warning I found myself on the floor unable to stand without excruciating pain. I still have no idea what I did to cause it, but thankfully it was only a few days before I was back to normal. I put down the speedy recover to my daily walk and run before breakfast. I do!

Back on my feet and catching up with everything when on Monday a high backed vehicle came down our little narrow road and ripped out the overhead cables for our telephone and internet. The driver did not bother to stop, even after our neighbour went out to him! The outcome of this meant no telephone or internet for nearly three days. Life had come to an end. Well it did seem that way at the time. The question I asked and still do, how did we manage before the internet?


Notwithstanding the traumas of above, the week did improve. I used my down time with my back to continue the edit and re-read of my latest book, In the Cold Light of Day, and as soon as we had internet, it was ready to go to my wonderful editor. Whilst the next few weeks will be busy with any changes that maybe suggested, the book cover is being designed and produced by Cathy at Avalon Graphics. So despite these little gremlins sneaking in, it's all systems go on my latest book. And as soon as I have more details, I will share them with you. In the meantime, have a fabulous day and thank you for stopping by.

P.S. I hope you like the cat!

4 comments:

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

I think I'd be tearing my hair out if we lost the internet like that, Pauline! I'm pleased it allowed you to crack on with your book though! I'm also really glad you've sorted your back out... you're so good doing all that walking and running!
xxx

Pauline Barclay said...

Hi Suzy, believe you me we were tearing our hair out and everyone else's, especially Movistar! xx

Rosemary Gemmell said...

What an awful time with your back and loss of the Internet, Pauline! Glad all is back to normal and you were able to use the time so well.

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Rosemary, thanks. It was a tad testing, but hey ho some good came out of it in the end. :) xx