Tuesday 27 March 2018

It Says Nothing!!!




One of the many things I love to doing is taking photographs. I have owned a camera since I was around ten years old. In those days it was black and white film, my pocket money never stretched to colour film. The rolls I bought were 12 per roll so I had to be careful on what I snapped at so not to waste my precious film. Today, however today could not be more different with everything digital. I own a SLR camera, but my prize possession is my smart phone that is with me at all times and not just to make or receive calls, but to snap away!

Many of my photos end up in posters that I design with my Photoshop Elements. Above is one of the many posters I have made using my photographs and book covers. I love this poster, but it says nothing about the book.

The background photo was taken in the Canary Isles, very exotic with Azul skies, calm blue seas surrounded by swaying palm trees. This scene could not be further from the backdrop of the story behind Storm Clouds Gathering.

Storm Clouds Gathering is set in a Yorkshire mill town in the mid-sixties. Not one of the three families would have travelled further than the seaside at Morecombe or Blackpool and would never have splashed their toes in warm foreign seas. These families worked hard and believed they had been born in a time where there where so many opportunities for a better life, especially for women. Yet their lives were not all they seemed, lies and deceit, loss and betrayal was to change everything they believed they had. After the summer of 1965 their lives would never be the same. 

Storm Clouds Gathering is an emotional read that can leave you reaching out for the tissue box. “This story has laughter, tragedy, adultery and hardship, all you need for a good read.”


Storm Clouds Gathering is available in Kindle at £1.99 and also in paperback at £9.99. It is also free if you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited.


3 comments:

Ian said...

I'm a foto-freak too and I confess I often have potential book covers in mind. Must avail myself of an app for adapting them. Happy snapping, Pauline!

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Ian, I use Photoshop Elements for designing my posters. I admit to spending far too much time with it. Enjoy your snapping too. x

Ian said...

Thanks for the tip!