Tuesday 28 September 2021

Running...


 They do say running is good for your mental health, I don’t know about others, but it does help me. I feel able to see things a little better and often find answers. Of course, it isn’t a miracle cure, but it really does help with anxiety, and most of us are / have suffered from this over the last 18 months.

To keep motivated, I have signed up for a number of the wonderful solo challenges organized by the Great North Run team #GNRSOLO Great Run My most recent challenge was to run 25 runs in 56 days (I completed 25 in 49 days) finishing with 109 kms. Today, I received my wonderful medal which I am very proud of.

 It doesn’t matter what age you are, running is possible (I am the wrong side of 65!) and have been running for about 8 years. The key is to run at YOUR pace not at what others do or say you should. I am not the fastest runner these days, but there is something exhilarating about coming home from a run, no matter how slow or how few KMs that run was.

 As always, thank you for stopping by. I hope the sun is shining on your face and in your heart.

 

Pauline x

No comments: