Thursday 4 April 2024

Newsletter - April

Created using AI prompts and Photoshop

 Hello and a warm welcome to my April newsletter.

A huge thank you to all of you who have agreed to receive notification when published. Also  special thank you for popping along and catching up with what's going on in my world.

Are you like me, wondering if it will ever stop raining? I don't know about you, but these months of rain have about finished my off! I don't need new shoes, I now have web feet and waterproof feathers!

Yet despite the weather, nature is full of spring. Everywhere there are blooms nodding their heads in the breeze, though I think they are shacking off the rain drops. *laughs* I love this burst of life. Along the river where we live, the willow trees are splendid with their new bright yellow leaves. They are the first to say hello to spring and the last to shed their leaves as winter pushes in.

Whilst we enjoy the riot of spring, it is also wonderful to have the lighter evenings now the clocks have gone forward. It's a such a positive time of year.




---------------------



It's been a busy month with my latest writing project. Tormentors.

Last month I mentioned I was writing a short story about bullying. The idea was inspired after meeting an amazing young man who was horrifically bullied as a youngster. The bullying became so bad that he wanted to end his life. Thanks to the wonderful work of Red Balloon, Drayton Rd, Norwich, he is an amazing, successful man.
For me, Tormentors, has two focuses. To help create further awareness of the devastating effect of bullying and try to stop it before it begins. Also raise funds with the royalties of Tormentors going to an important charity, Red Balloon, whose primary aim is to support its beneficiaries to overcome such trauma.


 Mark Anderson the Head of Centre at Red Balloon Norwich, Drayton Road described ‘Tormentors’ as: ‘an inspirational read and resource’ that ‘should be part of any school’s PSHE, RSHE, SMSC and English Language statutory curriculum.’ 

Mark has ordered 40 copies for his special school and thanks to the royalties earned so far from Tormentors, the costs are covered.

 Tormentors is available in Kindle and paperback.
It is just 12,000 words and as one reader said, "This short book packs the emotional punch of a novel."


I would like to say a very big thank you to all of you who have bought a copy of Tormentors, your support has already made a difference. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Or use the QR code


--------------------------


At this point in my newsletter, I love to share a few of the photos I have taken recently.









--------------------

As mentioned above, Tormentors has taken up a lot of my time this last few months, but I have still found time to play with my Photoshop and AI. Below are one or two I have created of late, And yes, the theme is still Tormentors!





--------------------


With regard to my newsletter, if you do agree to allow me to send a link to your email address to let you know it is out, I want to reassure you that you can unsubscribe at any time, just email me and say remove me. Also I will NEVER use your email other than if I need to email you. I will never share with anyone else.

As to the content, it is designed to be fun with me sharing: my photos, snippets of information, offers or free books from award winning authors, a design or two I have created using my Photoshop and anything else that I think might interest you. It is not about my opinion on any matter. I want my newsletter to make you smile and leave you with a warm feeling.


--------------------




Celebrating Success – My Podcasts

I have several podcasts lined up, but due to time, I have not recorded any this month, but I will be back! 


If you have missed any of the many podcasts, you can catch up at https://paulinebarclay.podbean...

You can also listen to ALL my podcast on SPOTIFY!


--------------------


Oh my Goodness!

Book 3 in my cosy mystery series is happening!  I am still editing in between other distractions... sorry! Hopefully next time I can report much better progress. *fingers crossed*

--------------------



In the Cold Light of Day

Love, lies and gambling!

Bertie Costain has worked hard all his life in the building trade and now owns his own London-based company. In 1967, approaching fifty and still unmarried he enjoys a playboy lifestyle, but when he meets Kitty, an attractive, wealthy widow ten years his senior, he swiftly proposes.

Swept off her feet, Kitty adores him. The happy couple seem to have it all, but Bertie has a secret. Kitty has no idea their home is mortgaged to the hilt, or that the many expensive gifts he brings her come out of his winnings at roulette.  Proud of his apparent success and ignorant of his gambling addiction, she happily loans him large sums of money, ostensibly for his business.

Convinced with each spin of the wheel that his run of bad luck will change, Bertie gambles for increasingly high stakes, falling deeper and deeper into debt until, facing financial ruin and with nowhere to turn, he resorts to fraud. As their lives begin to unravel, Kitty learns the horrifying truth.

In the cold light of day can their love survive the pain and destruction Bertie’s addiction has wrought?  

Available in Kindle and paperback


--------------------



This Month's book worth checking out!



In the thrilling third instalment of the mesmerising fantasy series, “Leopard’s Bane," the star-crossed lovers Yalka and Peglar face their most dire test yet. With their fates intertwined, but cruelly separated, Yalka finds herself imprisoned, caught in a dangerous game orchestrated by Vancia, Peglar’s stepmother, and his vengeful half-brother, Ragul.
As Yalka faces the darkness of her captivity, her loyal friend Eylese learns of her plight and sets out on a daring mission to rescue her. However, just as Yalka manages to escape disaster strikes when Peglar is captured and brought before Ragul, now the despotic ruler of the city. He is condemned to die by hanging at the next full moon. Peglar's fate appears sealed and despair grips the hearts of the lovers as they face the looming spectre of their separation, possibly forever.
Night falls on the eve of the full moon and a crowd gathers to witness the horror. The ritual begins and Peglar mounts the scaffold. All seems lost but then as the moon rises an unexpected twist of fate sets off a startling and unexpected chain of events.
In this exciting tale, treachery and undying love collide, loyalties are tested, sacrifices made, and the power of the human spirit shines bright against the backdrop of a corrupt society. Will Yalka and Peglar find a way to reunite and rewrite their destiny? The answer lies under the hanging moon.

Amazon co uk

--------------------


I have, once again, signed up to do the 10km Norwich run in September.

This year I hope to be able to raise funds for Red Balloon, Drayton Road, Norwich. Details to follow.

In light of this, I am back on on the streets, if it would only stop raining, it would be so much more fun! 

Pic taken as I headed to the finishing line July 2023




That's it for this newsletter. It's another bumper one and I hope you enjoyed it.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read it.

 Please share with your friends and I hope you will take a look at Tormentors... thank you!

If you would like me to email you with the a link to the next newsletter, please email me  using the contact form in the right hand column.

Until next time, I hope the sun is shining on your face

and in your heart.

Take care. Look after yourself and each other.

Hugs

Pauline




2 comments:

Helen Hollick said...

interesting newsletter as always. Thanks for sharing

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Helen, thank you so much for reading my newsletter and your support. x