Monday 10 June 2024

Newsletter - June / Read or Watch!



 Hello and a warm welcome to my June newsletter.

A huge thank you to all of you who have agreed to receive notification when published. Also  special thank you for popping along and catching up with what's going on in my world.

This month I am doing something a little different, or should I say, I'm experimenting!

I plan to write this newsletter as normal, but, I am also making it into a video which can be watched on the link below on my Youtube channel.

June Newsletter - Youtube

It's meant to be fun and I hope I've managed that. I promise, if I do it again, I will try to improve!


Here are a selection of photos taken this last month














---------------------


I know we do spend far too much time talking about the weather, and no change here! A couple of weeks ago we had a torrential storm, thunder, lightening and hail!



-----------------------------------------------------

At the beginning of June a replica Spanish Galleon sailed in to a local port and we took the time to visit it. It was very impressive 




-------------------------------------



As mentioned in my last newsletter,  I was invited, along with Mark Anderson from Red Balloon, Norwich, to talk about Tormentors and what had inspired me to write it. Click on the link to to listen to our interview with Babs Michel

Our Interview on BBC Radio 


-------------------------




I would like to say a very big thank you to all of you who have bought a copy of Tormentors, your support has already made a difference. If you haven't bought a copy yet, please consider doing so. Tormentors is fiction, based on a true story.
The idea to write the book was two fold, one to create further awareness of how crushing bullying is and also to give all royalties from the sales to the wonderful Red Balloon School in Norwich. Red Balloon, Drayton Rd, Norwich helps young people who have suffered incredible trauma at the hands of bullies.

Tormentors is just 12,000 words, but what happens in those words, will open

 your eyes and break your heart to how crushing bullying is.

Tormentors is available in in Kindle and paperback




Or use the QR code


------------------------------------




With regard to my newsletter, if you do agree to allow me to send a link to your email address to let you know it is out, I want to reassure you that you can unsubscribe at any time, just email me and say remove me. Also I will NEVER use your email other than if I need to email you. I will never share with anyone else.

As to the content, it is designed to be fun with me sharing: my photos, snippets of information, offers or free books from award winning authors, a design or two I have created using my Photoshop and anything else that I think might interest you. It is not about my opinion on any matter. I want my newsletter to make you smile and leave you with a warm feeling.


--------------------




Celebrating Success – My Podcasts

If you have missed any of the many podcasts, you can catch up at https://paulinebarclay.podbean.com

You can also listen to ALL my podcast on SPOTIFY!

--------------------


Gulp!!!

Book 3 in my cosy mystery series is happening!  I promise!

The book is written, but needs fine tunning.

Though I am almost certain the title will be Dare!


--------------------




Storm Clouds Gathering

Storm clouds are gathering, silently and slowly, too far away to worry about. Or so it seems. But ignoring what is brewing will have dire consequences for the people caught up in the maelstrom.

Shirley Burton is too busy cheating on her husband, having a laugh and looking for fun to alleviate the boredom of her childless marriage. Kathleen Mitchell is too wrapped up in running around after her beautiful family to worry about her health. Anne Simpson has two things on her mind: her forthcoming marriage to Paul Betham, who seems to want to control her, and her career, which she does not want to give up.

Can Shirley really expect to deceive her husband and get away with it? Can Kathleen hold it all together, and is Anne able to have the best of everything?

Storm Clouds Gathering is a story of human emotion, passion and heart-rending grief. Set against the backdrop of the mid-sixties, these three families will be tested to the limit as betrayal, loss and love threaten to change their lives forever.

Available in Kindle and paperback

Code below will take you to all my books including Storm Clouds Gathering


--------------------



This Month's books worth checking out!


Spirit of the North by Ian Thomson


Spirit of the North is the third novel in the award-winning series, 'A Blackburn Trilogy’.

Set in Lancashire, the province of 'superstition and rain', the realm of witches and bogarts, mediums and spirit guides, Tom Catlow and William Melling's latest adventure leads them to investigate a Victorian cold case.

Shimmering with séances and ethereal manifestations, Ian Thomson's latest page-turner takes the childhood friends beyond the veil and into the spirit world in a novel rich and evocative of time and place.




A Memory of Murder by Helen Hollick




There’s a missing girl, annoying decorators, circus performers, and a wanna-be rock star to deal with.
But who remembers the brutal, cold case murder of a policeman?


Easter 1973.
The North London library where Jan Christopher works is in upheaval because the decorators are in to spruce the place up, but there is more for her policeman uncle, DCI Toby Christopher and her fiancé, DS Laurie Walker, to worry about than a few inconvenient pots of paint.

An eleven-year-old girl has not returned home after school, and strange ‘gifts’ are being surreptitiously left for the detective chief inspector’s family to find. Could these items have anything to do with the unsolved murder, fifteen years ago, of Jan’s policeman father?


--------------------


That's it for this newsletter. It's another bumper one and I hope you enjoyed it.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read it.

 Please share with your friends and I hope you will take a look at Tormentors... thank you!

Don't forget you can watch on Youtube too!

Newsletter - Youtube

If you would like me to email you with the a link to the next newsletter, please email me  using the contact form in the right hand column.

Until next time, I hope the sun is shining on your face

and in your heart.

Take care. Look after yourself and each other.

Hugs

Pauline








1 comment:

Helen Hollick said...

Thanks for the mention Pauline ... I love your photos!