Wednesday 2 September 2020

A three year old not allowed to have parent with her in high street opticians.

A three year old not allowed to have parent with her in high street opticians.

Words fail me at the moment and I feel it is something I need to share. Someone very close to me has a three year old daughter. The little girl has needed to wear glasses for much of her short life. Today, her new glasses were ready. With her daddy they set off to the opticians, a well known high street chemist, now an opticians too.

On arriving her daddy was told only one person is allowed in. Despite the little girl being just three, her daddy was told this is company procedure and he could not accompany his baby! Her daddy had to stand outside whilst his baby went in to sort out her new glasses.

Please can someone tell me when we stopped caring about anyone, because if this is how we are to behave, best we close everything down until, common sense, care and kindness and a vaccine is available. I am beyond appalled that this major UK company treated a three year old like this. The location this happened in was in Surrey.



No comments: