Sunday 9 January 2022

My Happy Place - Hubby, Garden, Dogs


 Today, Paulette Mahurin shares her Happy Place.

 


My garden. My dogs. My hubby. Separately or together, that’s a guaranteed smile. For different reasons. My hubby is a kind, good man and it is my gratitude and love of this human being that brings a smile to my face. 

My love of dogs ignite my heart with unconditional joy. My hubby and I have been doing our small part to help rescue dogs from kill shelters for nearly 36 years. Seeing a dog get out of a cage and land in a warm, comfy home is a sure way to put a smile on my face. Last but not least is my garden, or really anywhere in nature.


 Nature brings me back to a peaceful place. A place where it’s easier to breathe and let go. I am lucky I live on a property surrounded by trees and a lovely garden. 

The view from my den, where I write, is lush and calming. I’m extremely fortunate to live among so much vibrant nature and now with the rains arriving in our drought ridden Southern California the smile on my face is growing. 

I look forward to a most vibrant spring. There is much to be grateful for. Much to focus on to center oneself. It’s in the small things, mostly acts of kindness smiles abound. Whenever I’m feeling down, I try to do something for another. That’s the most rewarding smile I can give myself. Wishing all who read this a smiling and healthy 2022.

 

You can find Paulette on these Links:


 Paulette Mahurin books on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Paulette-Mahurin/e/B008MMDUGO

 Paulette Mahurin books on Facebook

 https://www.facebook.com/Paulette-Mahurins-Books-695108163960200/?fref=ts

 Blog site

 https://thepersecutionofmildreddunlap.wordpress.com

 Twitter

https://twitter.com/MahurinPaulette

 

My Happy Places you might have missed…

 Through the Lens

 And guest who will share their Happy Place in the coming weeks.

 Deborah Stone

Helen Hollick

 Michael Reidy

Barbara Gaskell Denvil

Suzy Turner

 As always, thank you for stopping by. Wishing you a fabulous day and I hope the sun is shining on your face and in your heart.

Hugs

 Pauline x


 

2 comments:

Paulette Mahurin said...

Thank you so much for having me over to your lovely site, Pauline. ❤️

J.Dex said...

Beautiful, Paulette. All of those things are rewarding and your gratitude truly puts a smile on my face. Thank you for sharing. And thank you for helping the dogs💖