Monday 6 May 2024

Newsletter - May

Created using AI prompts and Photoshop

 Hello and a warm welcome to my May newsletter.

A huge thank you to all of you who have agreed to receive notification when published. Also  special thank you for popping along and catching up with what's going on in my world.

It is May and the leaves are back on the trees and that fireball in the sky has made an appearance. Let's hope it continues to do so!

This last month, with my friend, Karen, we did two craft fairs.

 I was interviewed by Norfolk Life and BBC Radio Three Counties.

Details and links below.

It's been busy but great fun too.

I hope you enjoy the news and pictures.




---------------------

Craft Fairs





At the two craft fairs we had a huge tombola with gorgeous goodies, scrummy cakes made by Karen and signed copies of Tormentors. All proceeds went to Red Balloon, Drayton Road, Norwich, UK

---------------------


In April I was invited to appear in FOLK Features.

Story of the day was about my Tormentors - "Pauline’s short story with a long-term aim, is featured in e-magazine, FOLK Features."

Folk Features - is positive news website for Norfolk and Suffolk. Every day, from Monday to Friday, you will find a POSITIVE STORY about the good folk of Norfolk and Suffolk. To read Pauline’s story, click the link.  https://folkfeatures.co.uk/a-short-story-with-a-long-term-aim/


-------------------------------------



Also in April I was invited, along with Mark Anderson from Red Balloon, Norwich, to talk about Tormentors and what had inspired me to write it. Click on the link to to listen to our interview with Babs Michel

Our Interview on BBC Radio 


-------------------------


I would like to say a very big thank you to all of you who have bought a copy of Tormentors, your support has already made a difference. Red Balloon, Norwich has received 40 copies of the book.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tormentors is just 12,000 words, but what happens in those words, will open

 your eyes and break your heart to how crushing bullying is.



Or use the QR code


--------------------------


At this point in my newsletter, I love to share a few of the photos I have taken recently.
















--------------------

And like I mentioned last month, Tormentors has taken up a huge amount of my time these last few months. Amongst other things, I have created a number of promotional posters and messages which I have put together in a short video.




--------------------


With regard to my newsletter, if you do agree to allow me to send a link to your email address to let you know it is out, I want to reassure you that you can unsubscribe at any time, just email me and say remove me. Also I will NEVER use your email other than if I need to email you. I will never share with anyone else.

As to the content, it is designed to be fun with me sharing: my photos, snippets of information, offers or free books from award winning authors, a design or two I have created using my Photoshop and anything else that I think might interest you. It is not about my opinion on any matter. I want my newsletter to make you smile and leave you with a warm feeling.


--------------------




Celebrating Success – My Podcasts

If you have missed any of the many podcasts, you can catch up at https://paulinebarclay.podbean.com

You can also listen to ALL my podcast on SPOTIFY!

--------------------


Gulp!!!

Book 3 in my cosy mystery series is happening!  I promise!

Sadly, a couple of chapters from the end I have found one or two anomalies

 which has made me sit back and spend time re-writing these chapters. 

To say I am feeling despondent is an under statement!


--------------------




Storm Clouds Gathering

Storm clouds are gathering, silently and slowly, too far away to worry about. Or so it seems. But ignoring what is brewing will have dire consequences for the people caught up in the maelstrom.

Shirley Burton is too busy cheating on her husband, having a laugh and looking for fun to alleviate the boredom of her childless marriage. Kathleen Mitchell is too wrapped up in running around after her beautiful family to worry about her health. Anne Simpson has two things on her mind: her forthcoming marriage to Paul Betham, who seems to want to control her, and her career, which she does not want to give up.

Can Shirley really expect to deceive her husband and get away with it? Can Kathleen hold it all together, and is Anne able to have the best of everything?

Storm Clouds Gathering is a story of human emotion, passion and heart-rending grief. Set against the backdrop of the mid-sixties, these three families will be tested to the limit as betrayal, loss and love threaten to change their lives forever.

Available in Kindle and paperback

Code below will take you to all my books including Storm Clouds Gathering


--------------------



This Month's book worth checking out!


The Countess Comes Home by Michael Reidy



In the closing months of the Vietnam, a US Navy lieutenant is seconded to a clandestine agency of the British Ministry of Defence. Ostensibly, his job is to deliver propaganda radio scripts, but he comes to believe there is more to his work when he meets his contact, a mysterious young lady known only as 'the countess."

Available in Kindle & Paperback



--------------------


That's it for this newsletter. It's another bumper one and I hope you enjoyed it.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read it.

 Please share with your friends and I hope you will take a look at Tormentors... thank you!

If you would like me to email you with the a link to the next newsletter, please email me  using the contact form in the right hand column.

Until next time, I hope the sun is shining on your face

and in your heart.

Take care. Look after yourself and each other.

Hugs

Pauline




1 comment:

Helen Hollick said...

lovely photos as always Pauline!