Friday 26 January 2018

Character Interview: Kitty Costain from In the Cold Light of Day



Today in our special character interview we meet, Kitty Costain from the In the Cold Light of Day.




Introduce yourself and tell us where can we meet you?
My name is Kitty Costain, Costain being my married name, though there are times when I wish I had never heard of the name Costain, but that is my story. You could not make up what happened after my whirlwind romance with Bertie Costain. They say there is nothing like an old fool. It hurts to think that label could be readily attached to me. Away, I’ve said enough. If you are interested in finding out what I mean you can meet me in The Cold Light of Day. It is an engaging title and one that speaks volumes.


Why are you in this book?

I think this question should be addressed to Pauline Barclay as she was the one that contacted me, sat me down with copious glasses of wine and didn’t leave until I had answered all her questions. Don’t misunderstand me, I am grateful she did as it all looked so different when it appeared in print.


Would you describe yourself as a likeable person?
Yes and no. I like to think I am likeable, though it is not important to me.  I don’t suffer fools gladly, though if you read my story you might disagree. What is important to me is treating people kindly and with respect, sadly that is lacking as I found out.


What would you say are your strengths and your weaknesses?
Coping in adversity and if trusting others is a weakness, then I suppose this could be one of mine.


Did your author portray you and your story correctly? If not why?

Oh yes and more. Pauline Barclay certainly knows how to tug at the emotional strings. I’m not sure how those who have read my story faired, but I admit to reaching for the tissue box on more than once occasion as I turned the pages. I still can’t believe all that happened.



You can read Kitty’s story in The Cold Light of Day, available in Kindle and paperback.





Links...

Emotional Passionate Moving Stories
Instagram @paulinebarclay


No comments: