Tuesday 18 August 2020

My Bouquet with Megan


This year has seen unimaginable changes to our lives and for many it is a time of uncertainty and anxiety, but despite all of this we are finding ways to cope and get through. My Bouquet is about putting together all the things / people that are making you feel good, that make you smile, that make you feel loved and that life is about trying to make the best of everything, no matter how steep the hill is to climb.

Today, I am delighted to have the lovely, Megan share her beautiful bouquet. Please make sure you have a tissue because I have a feeling you might need one, then help yourself to a glass of bubbly and settle down in a comfortable chair and meet my lovely, special guest.

Hello, my name is Megan, you might have read a little about me in my story already, if not you can read it HERE. If I was to tell you that my year, so far, has been a bad one, it would be an understatement. Lock down, the virus and restrictions just added another dimension to a year I will never forget.

Nothing prepares you for ill health or worse cancer. I’m a young woman with a family and everyday has now become a struggle. These days my ability to move on my own is limited. Like any young mum you want to do everything for your kids, but these days, the best I can do is look on and see how my family is coping. It is heartbreaking and my tears spill out all too often, but I would not be here without their love, caring and being there at every turn for me.

My road to recovery is going to be a long one, and, whilst the end doesn’t seem to be in my sights at the moment, I know I will make it, I have too for my family. So you asked me about My Bouquet. My Bouquet is my wonderful family; every single one of them. It is not a large family, it is small and compact, but a very close family who turn my tears to laughter, my pain to smiles, my shortness of breath to fresh air and when I feel the road has more hills to climb than I can manage, they are there to hold my hand, wrap their arms around me to hold me tight and hold me up so I can take those much needed steps to getting better. My Bouquet if filled with huge, caring loving hearts, that is my beautiful, beautiful family.
  
A huge thank you, Megan for sharing your beautiful bouquet with us today. I am sure there isn't a dry eye in the house. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and I hope the sun is shining on your face and in your heart.

Hugs
Pauline x


No comments: