Monday 28 September 2020

Fiction has Nothing on Real Life...

 


The wonderful Kitty Costain talks about her meeting with Bertie Costain and how her life was to change forever in a way she could never have imagined. “Believe you me, fiction has nothing on real life.’ Kitty Costain.

 A wealthy widow, I am a strong, independent woman with my own successful florist business. I know my own mind and I see myself as confident and comfortable in my own skin. Little daunts me or stops me doing what I really want to, so when I met the charismatic, Bertie Costain, I was more than taken aback at the excitement I felt as he swept off my feet. Nothing prepared me for the this, wonderful, fun loving man, but there I was, besotted by this dapper man ten years my junior. Before I could draw breath and make sense of everything, he proposed, and caught up in his charm and attraction, I gladly accepted. We were married shortly after, and I readily moved into Bertie’s fabulous home in a fashionable suburb of London. Life was extravagant and Bertie knew no bounds on showering me with expensive gifts. Life was lived in the fast lane and I seemed to have it all. Everything was perfect or was I simply deluded wearing rose tinted spectacles? I had no time to ponder because my world, not only began to crumble, but teetered on the precipice of destruction. My new, frivolous, husband, held a secret, a dark secret that not only made our lifestyle exotic and privileged, but was the same source that could destroy it all.  The destruction came in a heartbeat. I was knocked off kilter and could hardly think straight. It took all my strength and much more. The resilience I have always had, thankfully, surfaced. Snatching the rose tinted glasses from my face, I saw my husband for what he was. Knowing his secret changed everything, some things I needed to change no matter how painful. Slowly, very slowly with the determination I had always prided myself on possessing, I began to build my life again accepting Bertie was a bitter lesson I had learnt or had I?

Click HERE To read more about, In the Cold Light of Day

Available in Kindle and paperback.

Signed paperback copies are available. Click HERE to find out more.


No comments: